Sunday, February 19, 2012

Finally! SOME BIG FILM!

I was FINALLY able to get my 4x5 out of its trunk for a few hours.  This time to shoot some decent scenics.  Unfortunately, I still need to get the Provia shots developed! 

B&W though. Fantastic!

Was out in Oakville near the Navy Street Marina, and took a few images.  Unfortunately, one was toast, due to a minor BUMP to the camera.. DAMMIT!

Another didn't react well with the developer, but two came out great!  Here's one of them
Pier One
Calumet CC400 4x5 View Camera
Linholf Schneider Symmar 210mm ƒ/5.6 4x5 Lens
Ilford FP4+ 4x5 Film Rated at 125ISO
Aperture ƒ/32
7 second exposure
ND8 + CPL Filter
Ilford Ilfosol 1+14
I called it "PIER ONE" but considering it's actually NOT really a Pier, it's a misnamed image.  Then again, I'm not too big on naming the images, well, I just name them so it's not called something like "SCAN-100-blahblahblah.jpg" (Of course the scan sucked because I don't have a 4x5 holder, and the scanner isn't designed for it).  I'll have to figure something else out for it!

This is the first time I have actually managed to take my big camera out for a stroll, and boy, I tell you, it's bloody heavy!  I need a roller dolly for it...

Can't complain though.  I did have my 35mm with me that day..  A Pentax K1000 and EOS 500N.  Sure, the 500N took forever before I finished the roll, but the K1000 was needing to be finished from the day before (Autoshow).

Yup, very impressed with the images I took on both the Calumet and K1000..  Of course the Calumet was in a different class entirely than the 35mm..

Waxy Offerings
Pentax SMC 50mm ƒ/2 K-Prime
TMAX TMY100 100ISO Film
Ilfosol 3 1+9 - 8 Minutes (Single Stop Push)

Pine Boughs
Pentax K-1000 35mm SLR
Pentax SMC 50mm ƒ/2 K-Prime
TMAX TMY100 100ISO Film
Ilfosol 3 1+9 - 8 Minutes (Single Stop Push)

No comments:

Post a Comment