Monday, August 13, 2012

Run-Down But Not Forgotten

My trip up to Port Colborne was a very great trip, with me managing to get a half-dozen 4x5 frames exposed.  4 FP4 125+ and 2 Efke IR frames, but not with an IR filter attached.  I also did manage to shoot one frame of Provia 100F, which still needs processing.

One image that truly stands out from the rest is an image of an old run down house, which looks like it has been forgotten, yet in truth, hasn't.  During my shoot a woman pulled up in a Suburban and asked me what I was doing.  After I explained that I was just taking a couple of photos of her house and that I really liked the character of it, which she wasn't too proud of, err the condition of the house, not me taking photos, she basically told me to go ahead, and take my time.
So I did.  Although I did promise her that I would only be a few minutes, which I was roughly only about 15 minutes or so shooting with my 4x5 and Rolleicord.

Needless to say, I got one image that just blew me away, shot on EFKE IR 4x5 with a Wratten Deep Red filter, and developed in Rodinal 1+25 for 9 minutes.

Rundown - Calumet CC400 4x5 Monorail - EFKE IR 820 4x5 Sheet Film @ 100ASA - Kodak Ektar 127mm ƒ/4.7 @ ƒ/16 - Rodinal 1+25 9 Minutes  
Out of the 6 frames of B&W film that I exposed this is probably the one that stands out the most. 
Any comments or questions are most welcome.

Until next time, don't forget to visit our friends at the FPP (Film Photography Project).

Keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment