Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Apocalpyse - Roll In A Day Project

I missed participating in the Roll In A Day Project in November, as I have been busy house hunting.  But this month, as foretold almost half a year before, was a very special Roll In A Day Project.  It was the coming of the "apocalypse" with the end of the 13th Mayan Baktun. Being what it was, there were 2-days that were going to be shot.  December 21st, 2012, and December 22nd, 2012.  The day of, and the day after. 

For those that believed in the end of the world coming on December 21st, 2012, I must say, that is a very sad sad sad existence you must lead.  For the Mayans, as smart as they were, did not foretell the end of the world with the end of their 13th Baktun, but the end of an Era.  As we have now entered the 14th Baktun, we are entering a new Era in the Mayan Calender.

But, I will not deny, I played up the part of the world ending when I shot my roll on December 21st, 2012.  Finding an empty construction site, and with the rain, I had no problem making it look like a desolated area, devoid of anything living.  Little remaining grass, and not a sign of a living human. 
Sure, there were obvious signs that man had been there, with the big Earth moving machines, and plenty of various construction material, but there were no footsteps anywhere to be found.

With that, I must say that this was the most fun I have had in a while when using a camera to photograph some landscape and industrial images. 
My choice of camera was a vintage 1965 Canon Canonet QL25 Rangefinder camera, with the film being some expired in 1999, Ilford FP4+ 125ASA film exposed at 200ASA.  I developed the roll of film in HC-110 using Dilution B, and scanned the images on my Epson Perfection 4490.
Some images I did some post-work using Photoshop CS5, while others I just cleaned up any dust marks.

Seeing as the End Of The World did not happen, and we're all alive and well, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and all the best in the days, and years to come.
And now for some sample image, my personal favorites, from the set.

Frame 03

Frame 27


Frame 17

For more, check out the entire set on Flickr.

Do you enjoy Film Photography?  Do you like the look?  Are you an avid film shooter?  Great!  Check out the Film Photography Project.  You don't have to be a pro shooter, just someone who enjoys to use a film camera. You can buy film, like 110, 35mm, 120, 4x5, Impossible Project and Fuji peel apart instant film for your Polaroid Cameras, all from one place.  Heck, you can even buy a camera, like the Plastic Filmtastic FPP Debonair, or a tested, converted, and film ready Polaroid Land camera!

Hope to see you there!


Until next time, keep those shutters firing!


No comments:

Post a Comment