Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Endless Possibilities...

Although not originally taken on 35mm film, or on any film for that matter, but on a Smartphone at work.  I was suggested by Stephen Thorley to give it a whirl on film.  So I decided, why not.
Well, needless to say, I couldn't exactly return to the place where I took the original image so I had to recreate it using what I had available to me.

That was a granite counter top, and some ambient lighting.  Similar conditions to the original photo, except instead of light streaming through some bit glass doors all I had was a window instead.
This was fine, as I had a tripod ready for the image, and didn't have to hand-hold the camera, which would be pretty tough to get a solid sharp image under 1/15s and a 135mm lens!!

Well, I also have my little pet Conure, Connor.. I know.. A Conure named Connor..?  really!?

yes really!
He sat on top of my A-1 and proceeded to peck at the shutter release button.  At least he knew how to release the shutter.

Anyway, the image in question...

"Tools of my Trade" - Canon A-1 35mm SLR - Vivitar 135mm ƒ/2.8
Polypan F 50ASA Developed in HC-110 1+100 Semi-Stand
Until next time fellow bloggers, keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment