Thursday, February 23, 2012

T-80 Times

I never anticipated taking my Canon T-80 out for a workout.  In fact, it was far from my thoughts, until last Friday Evening when I tested out my Canon AE-1..  I coupled it to my Osawa 24mm ƒ/2.8 FD Prime, took a single test shot and ..... CLICK ..... but that was it.  The camera froze half-way through its travel.  I freaked!  I couldn't believe my beloved AE-1 locked up on me.  Oh the horrors!

Within minutes I was on the Internet looking for a repair shop to get this wonderful camera fixed.  I happened to come across;

Toronto Camera Services, located at 131 Jefferson Street.  What a lifesaver they are!  I was so worried that my AE-1 had joined the rest in Camera heaven... But instead, it just needed a bit of work.

So Saturday I took the camera down to them to get it checked out.  I've yet to hear back from them regarding the camera, so I hope the prognosis is good!

Keeping my fingers crossed until then!

Well, since my AE-1 is out of commission, I have my T80 to keep me company on the travels.  I paired it up with a Vivitar 28-135mm ƒ/4 Wide-Angle ZOOM and some Fuji NEOPAN 100SS.  Great film, that Neopan is.. I've had excellent successes with that film, in fact, I really do like the tonality of it.

Well, was I pleasantly surprised at this lens too!  I know that the aperture is a touch slow, and I need to get it fixed, but it's a fairly sharp lens over-all!  I'm quite happy to use this lens, and will continue to do so whenever I can get the chance.  Although it's a bit longer than I am used to, as 28mm is usually my first lens of choice.. Heck, 24mm is closer to my preferred focal length with my AE-1...

Well, this Vivitar did NOT disappoint!  Not as sharp as I am used to, but decent either way..

Rock Dove?  Or Pigeon?
Canon T-80 35mm SLR
Vivitar 28-135 ƒ/4 FD Wide-Angle ZOOM
Fuji NEOPAN SS 100
Kodak XTOL 1:1 + 4mL Rodinol
Is this bird a Pigeon, or a Rock Dove?  I have heard that it's referred to as both, and they mate with each other constantly, so it's really hard to tell!
Wagon Wheel
Canon T-80 35mm SLR
Vivitar 28-135 ƒ/4 FD Wide-Angle ZOOM
Fuji NEOPAN SS 100
Kodak XTOL 1:1 + 4mL Rodinol
Whoever thought that you'd be seeing old wagon wheels as a decoration on someones front yard.  I really do like this!  Nice little touch of country life in an urban environment.  Kudos to this property owner!


Cedar - Just a little off the top...
Canon T-80 35mm SLR
Vivitar 28-135 ƒ/4 FD Wide-Angle ZOOM
Fuji NEOPAN SS 100
Kodak XTOL 1:1 + 4mL Rodinol

No comments:

Post a Comment