Saturday, December 22, 2012

Compact And Tri-X

Well, again, my good friend, John Meadows, let me borrow a little camera called a Bolsey B2.  This little camera, a very compact Rangefinder, and similar in size and feel as my Kodak Signet, is actually a breeze to use, and has some rather unique features.

I won't get into the features, but I will get into the ease of use.  Because of the small and compact size it is very easy to hold, and being a rangefinder, is simple to operate with slow shutter speeds without much, if any, in the way of camera shake.
It's actually the lens that surprises me most with this camera.  Very sharp, even wide open it has excellent sharpness.
 

"Dynamics" - Bolsey B2 Rangefinder - Wollensak Anastigmat 44mm ƒ/3.2 @ ƒ/5.6
Kodak Tri-X 400 @1600 - Diafine 5+5 - Twin CFL Hot-Lamps
Scanned from Negative on Epson Perfection 4490

No comments:

Post a Comment