Friday, January 25, 2013

Ghost Picnic

I have a favorite photo place in this fine city.  And the funny thing is, it's not that far from my place of residence.  It's a small park off a busy street, where you get a large volume of insane traffic. 
Well, there are some wonderful things at this park, such as a large flowing river, lots of trees, wildlife, a off-road biking course (apparently) and this ghostly old picnic bench.
I have taken a photo of this table many times, with various cameras trying to get the photo I have taken in my head countless times.  I must have taken a photo of this picnic table at least a dozen times or more in my head, the photo I have always wanted. 
And for once, I had the tool to perform the frame I wanted.
Sure, it's big, it's cumbersome, and it's a pain to use at times, especially in the cold, but I tell you something, this camera is perfect for the job.  The Calumet CC400 Monorail, equipped with a 105mm ƒ/4.5 Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar (yes a Carl Zeiss lens) was the tool of choice.  I used some Shanghai GP3 100ASA film for this exposure and developed it in Rodinal 1+100 for 60 minutes in my HP Combi Plan.
It's still not 100% the photo I have in my head, but that's because I would like to get some fog in the photo, and use a blue filter to capture the fog in a way that will really make it stand out.
I also want to get this same photo in the spring, the summer, and the fall. 
It's a place where you just feel one with nature, and yet separate from the hustle and bustle of the city, even though you're smack dab in the middle of it.

Lunch Anyone
"Ghostly Sitting" - Calumet CC400 Monorail - Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 105mm ƒ/4.5 - Shanghai GP3

Unfortunately a slight miscalculation on my part, and part of my jacket got in the way of this photo.  I really didn't realize how wide reaching this 105mm lens really is.

Until next time everyone, keep those shutters firing!

Like what you see, then check out the "Film Photography Project!"
They have giveaways, prizes, a store, and even some great forums and tips for everyone!  Novice?  Check them out to learn.  Pro?  Check them out and teach, or even learn something that you didn't know about. 
Darkroom tips, suggested reads, and film camera reviews.

That's right, yeah!  The Film Photography Project is for you, if you love film!

No comments:

Post a Comment