Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kalimar A - Sharpness Beyond The Triplet

This day was shot with my Kalimar A.  I, believing I was shooting Polypan F, was surprised to find Fuji Superia 200 in there.  I was surprised even more when I had the images developed to find that they were NOT over-exposed.  In fact, they were very much usable, and quite decent!  It's not the first time I've done this though, as I thought I had the same 50ISO film loaded, only to find out that it's Arista Premium 400 loaded.. D'oh!  Still, decent images!  Some a little blown out, but that's what I get for not paying attention..

Kudos to Fuji to have such a wide and forgiving latitude on their film.

The most interesting thing about this camera, is I found it at a flea market for $10.00...  lens was frozen stiff (repaired and relubed), shutter was sticky, not anymore, and the camera was a mess!  I've cleaned it up, and it makes for a very decent little camera.  I have had great luck with it, but not sure how it performs shooting wide open.  Not yet, as I have only used it in good light.

This time I wandered the neighbourhood and took in, again, the railway construction going on.  Really liking the semi-industrial shots.  But I really wish I could find some more of the welding and chop-saws with sparks flying..  Those are wonderfully industrial!

Bobcat Front End Loader
Bobcat - Front End Loader - Kalimar A - 45mm ƒ/3.5 Terinon Lens - Fuji Superia 200 (EasyPIX rebranded)
Added Bleach Bypass type look in CS5 with Nixs

LED Lit Fence
LED Lit Fence - Kalimar A - 45mm ƒ/3.5 Terinon Lens - Fuji Superia 200 (EasyPIX rebranded)
Wandering back to work, I just happened to come across this fence that is still decorated with christmas lights.  I thought, what the heck!  Great way to show off the possible DOF you can get with this lens.  Well, I was quite pleasantly surprised by it as well!  Having not spent a lot of time working with this camera other then messing around with it, I was quite pleasantly surprised to see the images that this camera produced, especially with an uncoated lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment