Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Final Tribute To My L2

Although I said goodbye to my Praktica L2 camera, I am putting up my final tribute to a camera that has proven itself time and time again over the passed couple of years.  Whether in studio, on location, or just to mess around with, the Praktica L2 has proven to me that it is a worthy companion for anyone.
I have donated this camera, along with its step up model, the LLC, to the Film Photography Project.  The camera arrived in very good condition, and I would like to just have a brief tribute to this wonderful piece of Communist German engineering.

I'll start it off with some Black and White photos in March earlier this year.
Old Storage - Praktica L2
Helios 44/2 58mm ƒ/2 - Polypan F 50
Sills & Shadows - Praktica L2
Yashica 50mm ƒ/2
Polypan F 50


The Artist - Praktica L2
Super Takumar 55mm ƒ/1.8
Kodak TMAX 400


And then some Colour Negative film from this year.

Texas Bluebells - Praktica L2
Pentacon 50mm ƒ/1.8
Fuji Superia 200
Fairlight Portrait - Praktica L2
Yashica 50mm ƒ/2
Fuji NPS 160 Pro
Rollei On An Album - Praktica L2
Super Takumar 55mm ƒ/1.8
Fuji NPS 160 Pro

Block Letters - Praktica L2
Helios 44/2 58mm ƒ/2
Kodak Portra 160NC @ 400ASA

Black Eyed Susans - Praktica L2
Helios 44/2 58mm ƒ/2
Kodak Portra 160NC @ 400ASA
The images taken with the Kodak Portra was the last roll of film that I even put through this camera.
Although I had mistaken the Portra 160NC for Superia 400 (Forgot to adjust the speed minder dial on the camera), I compensated during developing the film.  Sure enough, the results speak for themselves.  It's not every day that I will push a C-41 film, and in fact, this is pretty much the first C-41 film that I have ever pushed myself.
It saddens me to see this camera go, but it also warms my heart to know that it is going to go to a good home.  Not only where it will be used and cared for, it will be enjoyed as much as I enjoyed it, or more.

Don't forget to visit our friends at the FPP! (See link at top of page).

Until next time, keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment