Sunday, September 9, 2012

Glamour - Aug. 26 - 2012 Photoshoot

The final Medium Format roll of film I used was a roll of Kodak Portra 160 film, which I put through my Bronica ETRs, which is the M/F camera I had brought along for the shoot.

The Bronica comes with mixed feelings, as I was looking for a Medium Format SLR (prior to purchasing this) and found that it had mixed reviews.  Some complained of frequent jams, light leaks, shutter issues, and winding issues.  I also read that it is a very reliable, and brilliant little camera which has glass that can come close to rivaling the German Zeiss glass from Hasselblads.  I don't believe it'll completely rival the German glass, but it is very very good!

I must admit, though, that using this camera in lieu of the Rolleicord V, was a great choice for the location.  Sure, the Rolleicord would have produced wonderful and reliable results, with a softness wide open that is brilliant, to a clarity and sharpness stopped down that is rearly unrivaled without the Planar/Xenotar glass.
But the ease of use, the extra 3 frames, and the SLR framing made it far easier to focus and take images close-up.

Either way, this is the final image from the set taken with a medium format camera.   As I finish up the roll in my Exakta, I might have one or two more frames from 35mm to share.

Glamour
Glamour - Zenza Bronica ETRs
Zenzanon 75mm ƒ/2.8 PE Lens
Kodak Portra 160
Developed in Jobo C-41 Press-KIT

No comments:

Post a Comment