Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Kat Never Changes Its Tale

So the first time I have used Portra 400 in a photoshoot, and I have to admit, I'm hooked.  I was not sure if it was all the hype after it was all said and done, until I saw the developed roll of film.  The quality of this film is astounding!
After realizing that this film has so much latitude and such an incredibly fine grain, I just have to get more of it and shoot more of it.  In fact, my next purchase, aside from the roll of Portra 400 I picked up in 120, will be to get some 4x5 sheets of it.

It's just such a beautiful film that I have to see what the best potential shot with it will be.  And for that, it'll be 4x5 for me!

The lovely model here is Kathryn, who just seems to be able to naturally find one dynamic pose after another.
After seeing this one, though, I just had to use it.  She's got the best expression, with her tail in her hand, and a coy smile on her face, it's dynamite!

A Cat Never Changes Its Tale
"A Kat Never Changes Its Tale" - Canon AE-1 35mm SLR
Canon 50mm ƒ/1.8 FD Prime - Kodak Portra 400ASA Film
Developed at Toronto Image Works
 

No comments:

Post a Comment