Monday, January 21, 2013

HP5+ And TMAX Developer

I was given a rather odd dilemma from my friend John Meadows.  He was having some difficulty with Ilford HP5+ 35mm 400ASA speed film, as he was finding the grain far too coarse using HC-110.  So I suggested TMAX Developer.  I found that TMAX developer gives some very fine grain, while retaining great detail, sharpness, and nice contrast. It is also a minimal agitation type of developer, which means you don't need to agitate it constantly.




Above images taken on Canon A-1 w/50mm ƒ/1.8 FD using Ilford HP5+ 
and TMAX Developer at 1+9 dilution, for 14 minutes @ 24°C


A perfect combination.  HP5+ and TMAX developer!
And to think, I've done this before with HP5+ in120..

Until next time, keep those shutters firing.  And make sure to check out the "Film Photography Project!"

No comments:

Post a Comment