Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Depth... Detail... Infinite Resolution Part 2



Depth.. Detail... Infinite Resolution


Large Format...

Slow...

Cumbersome...

Extreme detail...





I have spurts where I will shoot multiple sheets of 4x5 film at a time.  From 3 or 4 sheets to 3 or 4 holders...
But I am by far not even close to an expert with it.  Let alone even close to calling myself even experienced with 4x5...

The thing is, I can't get enough of it, and I feel bad every day I don't shoot at least one sheet of 4x5 film.
Well on the 21st of April, 2013, it was no exception.  4 sheets of film.  2 of Fomapan 400, and 2 of Shanghai GP3.

I took a photo of my Exakta Varex, actually 2 photos.  A photo of a staged shot, which I thought was rather comical, and one of my son Nikolas.

After developing and scanning the photo, I had to do a little bit of dust spotting on the scan.
The image itself is fantastic in its own right.  Maybe not at the caliber of someone that routinely uses 4x5, but I'm sure it's right up there in the decent range..

Regardless, I was doing some dust spotting, so I had to zoom in close on the photo, and I noticed something in his eyes..  Incredible depth, incredible detail, and someone else..
The whole infinite resolution really comes into play here!

Yeah, I could actually see myself holding the cable release, and could see the camera to my right (left in actuality).

This is just amazing that you can get such incredibly fine detail from such a small portion of the image.

So again, 4x5 film...

Depth... Detail... and definitely Infinite Resolution!

Until next time, keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment