Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Tale Of Kitty

My friend Kathryn, who is not actually a model, but does exceedingly well as a model in my shoots, has just some dynamic poses that I love to see.  She's a very smart, and well spoken young lady that I just love to have in front of my camera.
This time around, though, I decided to give it a whirl with some Fujichrome ASTIA 100RAPF Transparency Film.
This film I specifically purchased with the idea of using it only for portrait work, and so I have tried it out for the first time as a solely portrait film.  Sure enough, I am more than happy with the look.  It's just perfect in every way!
As I have shot it against Portra400, and can easily compare the results, and I think I am leaning toward the love of Astia more.  The problem here, though, is that the film is now discontinued..
Although it's an older emulsion, it still has an incredible RMS Granularity of 7, which is fantastic, considering Ektachrome and even Provia are both 8, and Velvia, the punchiest transparency film, is 9.

I don't see myself using this film for anything else other than portrait work, as it is a phenomenally great film for all things dealing with people.  The skin tones, and the look is just stellar.

As for the photo itself, I truly could not use words to describe.  So I would rather let the photo speak for itself.


The Tale of Kitty
"The Tale of Kitty" - Zenza Bronica ETRs - Zenzanon 75mm ƒ/2.8 PE Lens
Fujichrome ASTIA RAP100F Transparency - Developed at Toronto Image Works

No comments:

Post a Comment