Friday, January 4, 2013

Chained Access

A year and a bit ago the Weston Postal office was decommissioned and the land put up for sale by the Canadian Government.  As much as I have wanted to get into the building to shoot the old sorting equipment, and postal office, I haven't been able to.

The doors are just too well locked, and lets face it, I am not about to break a window to get in, especially not in daylight!

Instead, I have suffered myself to just take a couple photos of the exterior of the building.
"Chained Access" - Zenza Bronica ETRs - 75mm ƒ/2.8 PE Lens
Ilford HP5+ 400ASA @ 1600ASA - HC-110 Dil. B
But one such image that I wanted to shoot is the one of a chain with a Pylon shoved over it, effectively blocking access to the rear of the building to vehicular traffic.

Using a 35mm camera wouldn't cut it, as the angle of view, plus the complete lack of Depth to it would have left the image lacking.  So I opted for a medium format camera instead.  As nice as it would have been to use my Rolleicord TLR, I think the Square format would not have properly fit this image as did the 6x4.5 image instead.  So using my Bronica, along with the 75mm ƒ/2.8 PE lens, I took this photo.

After seeing the image on the Negative, also after scanning it to a positive, I decided that the punch would be further if I added just a hint of colouration to the photo.
So adding a layer or two in CS5 I added some light touches of colour to the image.

The final product, is below.
Chained Access
"Chained Access - Tinted" - Zenza Bronica ETRs
Zenzanon 75mm ƒ/2.8 PE Lens - Ilford HP5+ 400ASA @ 1600ASA
Developed in HC-110 Dil. B - Scanned from Negative on Epson Perfection 4490
Hand-Tinted in CS5
 Check out the Film Photography Project for more film related things.  From Polaroid, to Transparency, to C-41 (Colour Negative) And B&W films.
Even pick up a new, yes NEW, 110 camera along with some fresh 110 film!
2012 was the year of 110, so what will 2013 be?

No comments:

Post a Comment