Sunday, August 18, 2013

Accidental Tonality

So this will work as a preview into my week #23 with the Lubitel II TLR.  A Russian Voigtlander Brilliant copy, that has a decently sharp less, easy functionality, and a terrible viewfinder..
Yes, the viewfinder sucks!

I had the camera loaded with Fujifilm Superia 100ASA in 120.  Really nice film, it is.  Gorgeous tonality, clarity, sharpness and a very fine grain.  The thing is, by the end of the week, I had completely forgotten that I had the camera loaded with Superia, and was convinced it was Acros 100 instead.
So I popped the Yellow filter on the camera, and finished the roll off... 4 frames in stunning yellow light!
And believe me, they are quite lovely images... although very very yellow..

The thing is, the last frame really stood out.  It was nothing special, as for a subject.

An old bottle of Orange Juice, and some sunlight pouring down from the clouds, with plenty of lens flare, which is incredibly well controlled!


Even with the yellow filter over the lens, it still has a very nice look to it, but entirely not what I was trying to achieve.
So some colour balancing, and sure enough.... I got what I was after...


Low saturation. neutral tones, and a soft muted palette.

Until next time fellow shooters, keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment