Saturday, August 31, 2013

Super Novar Sharpness

Every time I use my Nettar, I get a little smile on my face.  It is so sharp!  Scale focusing, also known as zone focusing, is a tricky endeavor, but so worth it.
The Nettar 517/16 is a brilliant camera.  Sure it just has a viewfinder, and no rangefinder, but I bought mine from the original owner.  He got it new back in 1949, and it served him well over the years.
He was 76 years old, back in 2010, making him only 15 when he got it for his birthday.
He had a lot of fond memories of that camera, but didn't use it anymore, so he put it up for sale.
Originally asking $60, he sold it to me for $40, provided I actually used it.
I promised it would be used, and it has been!  Sure, not to the same degree that it should be used, but it is used....



All images take on the Zeiss Ikon Nettar 517/16 with Ilford Delta 100 film and developed in Rodinal 1+100 for 60:00 semi-stand, with a slight shake at 30:00



No comments:

Post a Comment