Monday, July 23, 2012

Another New (to me) Film

Stonewalled - Exakta VXIIa 35mm SLR - Culminar 135mm ƒ/4.5
John Meadows, friend and fellow photographer, who has been a strong driving factor for Film Photography in general, and now an avid Polaroid shooter, gave me a roll (2 actually) of ADOX CHS 20 Microfilm.
This stuff is scary good!  Adox is rating it at, if you'll pardon me for even saying this, 500 megapixels of resolution.  Yes, 500!  And it's a 35mm film.  What that basically means is the detail that this film is capable of holding will put any digital camera to absolute shame, simply because of the amount of detail possible to be captured with it.
Do I believe that?  Sure, why not.. I've used Microfilm at work, and it's amazing how much information is on such a small piece of film.
It also has a lot to do with the lens you use as well, and I could think of no better camera to use with this remarkable roll of film, other than my Exakta VXIIa SLR.  I was thinking of using my Signet, but the Exakta is the prime piece of equipment that can get the most out of this film.  Sure, I could have used my Leica, or my Nikkormat, or even my AE-1, but when it just comes down to the sheer essence of the camera, it had to be my Exakta.
Whether I used my Carl Zeiss Jena T* 50mm ƒ/2.8 or my Steinheil Munchen Culminar 135mm ƒ/4.5 Triplet, it was going to be my Exkata..

And let me tell you, this film and camera combination is like a match made in heaven!  The detail, the quality, and the feel of the photos, it was like this camera and this film were meant for each other.  And to think, I have another roll sitting in my freezer waiting to be unleashed.  I also have a few rolls of my ultimate favorite B&W film, Agfa Scala...   I cannot wait to use that film, but at the same time, I would hate to use it and end up with a bunch of poor quality shots just because I wanted to use that film.  I'm planning on bringing a roll of that stuff when I go up to Port Colbourne next month.
Locked Floors - Exakta VXIIa 35mm SLR - Steinheil Munchen Culimar 135mm ƒ/4.5
Easy, Free, Refreshing
Cool & Refreshing - Exakta VXIIa 35mm SLR - Carl Zeiss Jena T* 50mm ƒ/2.8 - ADOX CHS - Diafine 3+3
Polaroid P 600
Polaroid 600 P - Exakta VXIIa 35mm SLR - Carl Zeiss Jena T* 50mm ƒ/2.8 - ADOX CHS - Diafine 3+3
Canned
Canned - Exakta VXIIa 35mm SLR - Carl Zeiss Jena T* 50mm ƒ/2.8 - ADOX CHS - Diafine 3+3
Lost Shoes
Lost Shoes - Exakta VXIIa 35mm SLR - Carl Zeiss Jena T* 50mm ƒ/2.8 - ADOX CHS - Diafine 3+3

No comments:

Post a Comment