Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Abstract Roll - A Roll In A Day Project

I missed August's Roll In A Day, as I had to cut the day short with a minor mishap when my youngest decided to regurgitate his lunch on his clothes.
So this month, September, I managed to get a roll shot in the day.  Sure, it isn't the most difficult thing for me to do, but it pretty much lasted through the entire day.  From morning, through to mid-evening when I clicked off the last frame.  Turns out I rewound the film a bit early, but no biggie, as 33 frames is more than enough!

Borrowing my friend John's Exakta Varex, I decided to give it a whirl and see how it handled itself.  Sure enough, it works like a charm!  The shutter sounds beautiful, unlike mine with its incessant squawk!
Since I was using another Exakta with a more healthy shutter I decided to use some ORWO UN54+ 100ASA film in it.  I rated it for 250ASA, which is about what this film seems to like being rated, and I am more than happy with the results from the day.  Not a style of photography I am used to doing, abstract work that is, it was a fun challenge.  The most challenging part was finding something that was going to work as an abstract.

I think I managed a few here or there..


Frame 02

Frame 08

Frame 12

Frame 19

Frame 30

No comments:

Post a Comment